Our KPCB Fellows Program offers outstanding college students from across the United States an opportunity to gain significant experience working on unique and challenging technical, design and product problems, and to develop new relationships that are meaningful to their careers.
Over the course of a summer, KPCB Design and Engineering Fellows will be employed at our portfolio companies, where they can develop their technical or design skills and be mentored by an executive within the company. Participants in our new Product Fellows program will get the chance to spend a full year working at a Valley startup.
Fellows will also be invited to attend both private events held by KPCB and others hosted by portfolio companies, where they can meet other talented engineering and design students, network with luminaries in their respective fields, and explore the San Francisco Bay Area.
KPCB Fellows Summer Schedule 2013
- Welcome reception with Fellows, KPCB Partners, Professors, and Mentors
- Scavenger hunt in San Francisco.
- Dinner with Mike Abbott and Sahil Lavingia
- Design talk with Marcos Weskamp, head of design at Flipboard
- Tech talk with Jean Sini, CTO at One Kings Lane
- Game design and engineering talk with Bing Gordon and the Zynga team
- Tech and design talk at Square
- Tech and design talk at Facebook
- Internet Trends talk with Mary Meeker
- Dinner with the Design Council
- Hands on with Google Glass
- Dinner with John Doerr
- Sailing around the Bay
Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB) has backed entrepreneurs in more than 700 ventures leading to nearly 200 IPOs, over 375,000 jobs and a deep strategic network. The firm has partnered with pioneering companies like Align, Amazon, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Genomic Health, Google, Intuit, Juniper Networks, Netscape, Symantec, VeriSign and WebMD. KPCB partners serve on the boards of Amazon, Apple, Bloom Energy, Flipboard, Foundation Medicine, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Nest, Square, Tesaro, Twitter and Zynga, among others. KPCB accelerates the success of entrepreneurs with a team of partners delivering company-building services including strategy, operational scaling, recruiting, business development, product delivery and marketing communications. The firm invests in all stages from seed and incubation to growth companies. KPCB operates from offices in Menlo Park, San Francisco, Shanghai and Beijing. For more information, visit: http://www.kpcb.com.